Who Are We
The Sherwood Park Rose Bud Adventurer Club is a non-profit youth organization operated by the Sherwood Park Seventh-day Adventist Church. The club is financed by member fees, church subsidies and private donations.
The Adventurer Club was created to give children an opportunity to belong to an organized peer group. Children are invited to participate in various activities which will improve their social skills all while having fun in a safe and caring environment. The Adventurer Club involves children in grades Pre K-4 (ages 4-9) and their parents. Parental involvement provides opportunities for parents to participate in the learning experience.
All are welcome regardless of race, religion or nationality. We welcome you to join us.
One of the Adventurer Club objectives is to provide a meaningful and exciting experience as the children look forward with anticipation to some day being Pathfinders.
What is the Adventurer curriculum designed to accomplish?
- Children will, at their own level, commit their hearts and lives to Jesus Christ.
- Children will gain a positive attitude toward the benefits, joys, and responsibilities of living a Christian life.
- Children will acquire the habits, skills and knowledge needed to live for Jesus today.
- Parents and other primary care-givers will become more confident and effective as co-laborers with Christ for their children.
The Adventurer Club provides fun and creative ways for children.
- to develop a Christ-like character;
to experience the joy and satisfaction of doing things well;
- to express their love for Jesus in a natural way;
- to learn good sportsmanship and strengthen their ability to get along with others;
- to discover their God-given abilities and to know how to use them to benefit self and serve others,
- to improve their understanding of what makes families strong.
The Adventurer program was created to assist parents in their important responsibilities as a child’s primary teachers. The program aims to strengthen the parent/child relationship and to further the child’s development in spiritual, physical, mental, and social areas. Through the Adventurer Program, the church, home, and school can work together with the parent to develop a mature, happy child.
Parental involvement is the key to a child’s success. Parents that support their child’s consistent attendance and participation in meetings and outings will have the best success of their children developing a sense of belong and appreciation for God. Parents/Guardians should attend the Sabbath Induction and Investiture programs, be open in communication with the club, and will seek to enrich their children’s experience and achievements.